My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 30th birthday in style, but due to COVID our original plans got canceled last minute. Still wanting to do something special, we decided to stay in Colorado and go on a road trip to some mountain towns on our bucket list. On the drive to the first mountain town we stopped half way to grab some coffee and a light snack. Because there weren't many places open, we ended up going to Whole Foods.
My husband got his latte and I decided to splurge on one of their fresh juices. I never tried them before because I thought it was ridiculous to pay $8 for a juice I could make at home for $3, but I was on vacation, so I went for it. I ordered the detox juice and it was love at first sip! I've been making it at home every day since. Here's what you'll need...
• 1 apple (I like granny smith)
• 1 large carrot
• 1 large beet
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1/4 teaspoon of powder ginger
• I use my juicer for the carrots, beets and apple. Then I squeeze the lemon on top and add the ginger.
• If you don't have a juicer, you can use a blender. It will be more like a smoothie than juice.
• You can also use fresh ginger, but make sure to blend it well so you don't end up with chunks.